Sun Management Response to the Covid-19 Virus
As the novel form of coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) becomes more of a widespread concern and local governments continue to recommend or mandate restrictions on person-to-person interactions,
and home isolation, we want to share important information with you about our efforts to help keep our residents, guests, and team members safe and healthy.
We are closely monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and
World Health Organization's statements regarding the novel form of coronavirus (COVID-19) and
following guidelines from these agencies and other local and state governmental agencies.
Commitment to Our Residents & Guests
In order to fulfill our mission of being socially responsible and to prioritize the health and welfare of our residents, guests, and team members, we are temporarily halting all
non-essential business operations within our communities and resorts and encouraging residents and guests to practice social distancing as recommended by the
We are making difficult decisions for our collective well being and ask that you do your part to safeguard your family, friends, neighbors, and yourselves.
- Our offices will be staffed with reduced hours and will not be open for resident/guest interaction except for emergencies. During this period of reduced operations, we are committed to compensating our team
based on their normal work schedules.
We are committed to assisting individuals who are in the process of moving in, renting or purchasing a home, or leasing a site. Please contact our office to request an appointment so we may assist you.
- All of our clubhouses, activity/club rooms, and other indoor amenity spaces will remain closed.
- All of our activities programming, pools, waterparks, golf courses, stores, and restaurants will be closed to avoid the congregation of individuals.
- All other outdoor amenities will be available for resident and guest use at their personal discretion. Please maintain social distancing protocols as recommended by the
Commitment to Cleanliness
We take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously and have taken additional steps to ensure the safety of our residents, guests, and team members. Sun leadership is continuously
monitoring and implementing the latest guidance on cleaning and prevention protocols with frequent communication to all communities and resorts within our portfolio.
Health & Safety Protocols
We continue to implement a number of practices to support our commitment based upon guidance from health authorities and governmental agencies:
For the most updated information and preventive protocols, please refer to the
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or your local health authority.
Updated March 18, 2020 (please check back often for further updates)
- Real-time monitoring of information related to COVID-19
- Ongoing training for team members
- Posting informational content regarding recommended hand washing procedures in restrooms, break rooms, offices, and common areas to increase awareness of simple prevention methods
- Defined cycles and procedures for frequent cleaning and disinfection of high-touch areas
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitation protocols for vacation rentals, cottages, and cabins
- Centralized procurement and distribution of EPA-registered disinfectant products to all locations
- Adjustment of team schedules and working arrangements, where necessary, to support social distancing practices